Thursday, November 17, 2016

Day 10: Return to Irkutsk

So of course the ride back to Irkutsk was bumpy.  Bumpiest few days of my life.  I've never experienced car sickness until this day.  When we finally arrived back in Irkutsk the American/Russian man asked me "so, do you still love to travel?"  Meaning, no one could possibly enjoy traveling anymore after the 6 hour bumpiest bus ride ever.  Touché man.

I really hate goodbyes.  I hate them.  So once the van arrived back in Irkutsk, I shouted goodbye to my friends and I ran out of there fast.  Fast as I could go.  When I got back to my hostel, well, it turns out they gave my room away to six smelly boys who were sleeping in the middle of the day.  This worked out to my advantage as I ended up in this random luxury room they have.  It cost 5 dollars to stay there for the night and I was sleeping on memory foam and had my own private bathroom, kitchen, and a TV.  You can't beat it.  Ever.

After seeing some more sights in Irkutsk, I decided to get some dinner and a drink and call it an early night.  I went to a restaurant called Jumanji.  That's right, a Jumanji-themed restaurant.  It looked Jumanji-esk inside, but it did leave a lot to be desired.  However, now I have a dream to open my own Jumanji-themed restaurant.  One that will actually do the film justice.  I'm thinking live monkeys in cages...maybe I hire a guy to be the hunter and shoot at things...definitely some out-of-control foliage, possibly giant spiders?  Definitely a lion.  So many possibilities.



No comments:

Post a Comment