Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Day 29: Moscow Again


Today I had to change my hostel because it was sold out.  So I booked a cheap hostel on Hostelworld.  I arrived and it turned out that the price listed on Hostelworld was not at all accurate.  There was a misunderstanding and an Egyptian man came to talk to me and help me.  He was very kind and also overly concerned about me.  The problem resolved but I felt bad about my attitude and how I might have treated the hostel lady who was very nice, patient, and kind about the whole thing.  I bought her gingerbread as an apology gift.

After the armory I decided I really just wanted to chill and drink some beer.  On Old Arbat Street I found this fun craft beer shop, but after I felt I had overstayed my welcome, I moved on.  I couldn't find any other cool bars, and I was approaching the end of my options.  One opinion remained, Coyote Ugly.  I figured, it can't be like the Coyote Ugly I'm thinking of.  It was.  The girl at the bar kept talking to me, but I'm pretty sure it was just for the purpose of getting a drink out of me each time.  However, she introduced the owner of the bar to me, a Ukrainian guy.


We talked a lot, though, I was drunk so I'm not really sure what about.  Of course we talked about politics.  The last thing I remember was that Buddhism and China got involved and I must have looked a little dazed because he said he had to get back to work.  Eh, he wasn't that attractive anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment